MAP & LOCATION
Naxos | Map of Naxos Agia Anna Beach Travel Information Naxos Beaches Sightseeing Attractions Naxos Island Greece
Naxos is the largest Cycladic Island and one of the most frequented vacation spots in Greece, due in part to its incomparable natural characteristics, such as its beautiful beaches, fertile valleys, high mountains, impressive cliffs and running springs.
On this page you are provided with a map of Naxos, travel information about the island, Naxos beaches and Naxos sightseeing, as well as distances of the Iria Beach Art Hotel Suites & Rooms from transportation hubs, beaches and shops.
Naxos Island Sightseeing & Attractions
Naxos Island Greece is the ideal place for sightseeing lovers, who can visit the following archaeological sites in Naxos Town (Chora):
- the Portara - the gate to the Temple of Apollo
- the Venetian castle
- the Church of Panagia Vlacherniotissa
- the Archaeological Museum
Purchase a good map of Naxos Island and travel through the rest of the island to see many other impressive sightseeing attractions, such as:
- the sanctuaries of Demetra, the towers and the windmills in Sagri
- the tower and old monastery and the Couros of Apollo in Apollonas
- the Archaeological, Geological, Folklore and Natural History Museums, the 17th century Zevgoli Castle and the abandoned windmills in Apirathos
- the towers, the Core of Potamia, and the Couros in Melanes
- the old emery mines and the folklore museums in Koronos
- the manors and old water mill in Eggares
- the Cave of Za and the ancient tower of Chimarros in Filoti
- the many churches and monasteries scattered around the island.
On Naxos Island there are many beaches where visitors can swim and sunbathe for hours. Apart from the beautiful beach of Agia Anna, guests of the Iria Beach Art Hotel can visit the lovely nearby beaches of Agios Prokopios, Agios Georgios and Plaka.
On the southwestern side of Naxos Island, you will come across Miki Vigla, Kastraki, Glyfada, Alykos, Agiassos and Kalandos. On the southeast coast you can swim at Panormos and Psili Ammos, while along the eastern coast are the beaches of Moutsouna and Lionas. On the northern side of Naxos Island, you will find Apollonas, Ambrami and Amyti beach. We suggest you ask the locals to mark their favorites on your map of Naxos.
Local Delicacies of Naxos Island
Naxos Greece is especially famous for its cheeses, meats and game, sweet wine and beverage or preserves made from citrus, which you can try at one of the many tavernas and restaurants on the island.
From the Iria Beach Art Hotel in Agia Anna, Naxos visitors can easily reach the following destinations:
- Naxos Airport: 3 km
- Naxos Town: 5 km
- Agia Anna Beach: 10 meters
- 2nd Beach: 100 meters
- Super market: 20 meters
- Bus Stop: 20 meters